...that I can't believe Tink and the Occulator forgot was THE MAN CHANGING HIS PANTS IN FRONT OF THE OPEN HOTEL ROOM WINDOW.
What else needs to be said?
...that I can't believe Tink and the Occulator forgot was THE MAN CHANGING HIS PANTS IN FRONT OF THE OPEN HOTEL ROOM WINDOW.
What else needs to be said?
1. Even if as The Unknown Bowler (aka, TUB. What, no Crocket?), just pleased I got to bowl this year.
2. More pix of Justin, sans pants.
3. Dude-shopping w/ Justin. Or should I say, Pardner shopping, since it was for Western wear.
4. Being in the girls room as they tried on their new get-ups.
5. Joe Dana's reaction to my accordion shirt. I thought PRB stood for Polka Rock Bowling.
6. I didn't distinctly hear a "no" from Julie Wanda. I think we're engaged.
7. Though it wasn't PRB-related, seeing my long lost crush from 17 years ago who now lives in Vegas and has a family w/ 2 kids. Being thankful for not having any kids that I know about.
8. New cocktail: double espresso vodka + Coke. Think Coke Blak with booze.
9. Ruining the singer from American Steel's near-300 by foisting my bucket o' beer on him. Those guys were cool.
10. All that stuff that Vicky Pepper and I did in the room while Ms. Jen & Tink went to fetch something and came back half-expecting to catch Vicky Pepper and I in the act of doing something, but instead found us chatting all nonchalantly. Mmmmaybe.
My highlights were:
Laser show in the atrium. Proud to be an American!
Captain for Bad News Bowlers
Dancing at the Roxy Club at Sam's Town
Shoe shopping with the girls @ the Zappos outlet. Where ugly shoes go to die! (sorry girls).
Finally getting to see the Adolescents play. (I know. I admit it. Not worthy!)
Wearing our cute vintage cowgirl outfits!
Seeing and spending time with good people (Al, Tammy, Wanda, Jen, Brian, Sandra, Justin and Vicki) and meeting new people (Ruth and her fam!)!
Yep, Today is the Day! Departure for Punk Rock Bowling 2008! Watch our flickr photos at the bottom of each page for the live, mobile photos as the event happens!
16 weeks of bowling and I did not really improve. Ok, so I was only there and bowling for about 9 of the 16 weeks, but...
All in all it was a lot of fun and the Switchblade Stiletto girls won the league.
Punk Rock Bowling 2008 is coming up very soon at a Las Vegas near you...
I went to a kids birthday bowling party last weekend at Tustin Lanes. I got a strike the first time I rolled the ball. I also got one of the top scores, but most of the other bowlers were six and seven years old. It was fun to play with bumpers. That was the good news.
The bad news is that about half the kids got sick. Those poor little kindergarteners spent the last week of school hacking like old chain-smokers.
In the barflies.net room at Punk Rock Bowling 2007, Julie Wanda develops a new technique for drying fingernail polish. A much more fun way of drying one's fingernails.
Barflies.net One Pin team has made the "A" League play offs! We bowl in the finals at 1pm today. Come on down and cheer for us.
Only two days to Go... countdown to Punk Rock Bowling 2007!
My primary memory last year was being so sick with a headcold and the flu that I couldn't drink, couldn't eat, and couldn't remember much besides going to the Right Aid with Lucky to get kleenex and DayQuil and shopping for Sandra's wedding dress on the last day. I don't remember bowling! I am not even sure how I drove home, but I do know I was in bed for two days afterward! And not from partying!
This picture was taken Friday night when the full force of my sickness hadn't yet hit me. I was on cold medicine and not drinking. These fellows were luckier than I was.
Knock 'em dead, break a leg, and all that other stone cold rocking stuff. I will miss that special Vegas smell.
"Don't Stop Believin'"
The Countdown to Punk Rock Bowling 2007... We are now 4 days away from Lost Wages and too much fun.
Photo by Jenifer Hanen on 02.19.05 of Maria, Julie Wanda and Louis at Punk Rock Bowling 2005.
The Countdown to Punk Rock Bowling 2007... We are now 6 days away from Lost Wages and too much fun.
02.18.05 - Some fellow drinking in the hallway of the Gold Coast as we were arriving. Bless PRB.
Yes, the team is back again this year for Punk Rock Bowling in Jan 07
Team One Pin is:
One Pin Jen
Wish us luck for we are going to blast the other teams out of this world. . . .
Been wanting to put up bowling locations for a long time now. Information is pretty accurate and I'm sure it's subject to change and always factor in shoe rental, if needed. This is a helpful site AMF.com.
Santa Monica Areas
Mar Vista Lanes
12125 Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
After 9 PM on Wed $3.00 a game
- Actually Brian and I have bowled here many times and it's a decent place.
Bay Shore Lanes
234 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405
Wed Special (starts at 9PM) but you have to call to get your name on the list and you have to bring 4 people. If 3 show up you have to pay for the 4th person who doesn't show up.
5.25 cover but .25 shoe rental, games, popcorn and soda. The place needs some TLC!
El Dorado Lanes
8731 Lincoln Blvd. Westchester, CA 90045
M, Th after 9 PM $11 cover includes shoes
Tue, Wed after 9 PM $3.00 per person
Palos Verdes Bowl
24600 Crenshaw Blvd. Torrance, CA 90505
Wed after 9 PM $8 cover, .25 games, Hot Dogs, Soda
Monday thru Friday after 5PM $4.25 a game, but Tuesday and Thursdays are difficult because of league.
22501 Hawthorne Blvd. Torrance, CA 90505
M-Th 4 PM to 2 PM $4.50 a game
Friday 9PM - 11:30 PM $4.75, same for Saturday
Sunday 6PM-1AM $4.75
Gardena Bowling Center
15707 S. Vermont Ave. Gardena, CA 90247
4.25 a game
Linbrook Bowling Center
201 S. Brookhurst St. Anaheim, CA 92804
Mon and Tue 8 PM-1AM $1.75 a game
Linbrook worked out for everyone to meet at.
17110 Brookhurst St. Anaheim, CA 92804
Wed $1.99 a game
- You need to get there early
1501 S. Lemon Ave. Fullerton, CA 92832
$2.50 per game
Valley View Lanes
12141 Valley View St.
Garden Grove, CA 92845
They close at 10 PM and need to call to reserve a lane, $4.25 a game
6471 Westminster Blvd. Westminster, CA 92683
Tue after 9PM $18 a lane, unlimited games for 3 hours, need to reserve a lane.
O.K. I know I'm finally getting to putting up my pics of Punk Rock Bowling 2006.
I really don't have a Top whatever for the event. It was a tough tornament this year. More teams signed up and Bad News Bowlers couldn't even get to Day 2 playoffs. But we did our best and had a great time.
PRB Top 10 (in chron order)
1. Hitting the ground running. No sooner than we check in late Friday night than I good’n’loaded and before I know it, it’s time for steak’n’eggs b-fast at 4:30 a.m. en route to catching a little shut-eye (shh, don’t tell anyone I wussed out).
2. Jacuzzi tub. Those fucknuts at Sam’s Town may have given our room away with two beds (it’s no secret I love and lust for Sandra and Justin, but ever since Comrade Daly became Mecha-Justin when he sleeps, no way am I sharing a bed with them) and the night manager, “Dick,” was “happy to provide me with a roll-away,” so I was happy to insist they give us a suite and then some*. Not only was this suite on the inside overlooking the atrium and Ram’s Head Bar inside Sam’s, but it had a tub with jets. My punk-ass, hard-as-fuck self even sprinkled the bath crystals in there.
3. Bowling. No, we didn’t make it into the Top 32. Somehow we didn’t even make the Top 88 this year (wha…?). But it was fun nonetheless. I was striking up a storm, but for some reason, I couldn’t pick up a spare to save my life. Top score: 170.
4. Hofbrauhaus. Seven of us took a cab ride all the way to Munich and feasted at the replica of the Hofbrauhaus. Big Kev and I were the only ones man enough for the liter of lager, and Comrade Justin and I were the only ones man enough for the sausage platter (oh wait, that can be misconstrued). Good, authentic saurkraut and an Oompa band? Hell’syeah.
5. TOM MOTHERFUCKIN’ JONES. That’s right punks. I didn’t get to see the Swingin’ Utters. Didn’t mind not seeing the Briefs again. Had no interest in seeing Pennywise. And you couldn’t even heard Flock of Goo Goo behind that glass case at Roxy. So 4 of us headed to the MGM for THIRD ROW seats for TJ, “The Voice.” Was I the only one singing the chorus “You bitch, you slut, you whore” during “Delilah”? SFW!
6. Wheel of Fortune Progressive. I hate Vegas, gambling in particular. But when I’d had enough of the Vince Neil Wannabe show at Roxy (dude, you’re wearing cheetah print pants and matching cowboy hat and you’re singing a Van Morrison song?? Um.) I went and plunked a bill in the no-armed bandit (you just hit a button that says “spin” now) and multiplied my pot by 150%. Too bad I started with only $10. We hit a few more banks of W.O.F. slots, but fortunately for me although I lost on the penny one, I recouped it all and then some on the dollar one. Still, it was enough for some more drinks and…
7. More 4:something a.m. steak’n’eggs. I’m drawing a blank on who we ended up sitting with, but I know that John Cusack lookin’ dude was there. Afterwards, it was up to our new room, where I’d have a real bed.
8. Sleep in late. No second-round bowling? No problem. Woke up at a leisurely time, got my morning coffee and carrot cake (they were out of everything like bagels and cinnamon rolls).
9. Laser Vag. I went down to the alley to make sure Epitaph won again. In the process, I got my PBR (not PRB, Pabst Blue Ribbon) button back from that biter Jason Stabile and was then treated to discovering why they call Jen (Jennitalia), “Laser Vag.” When she pulled everything down right there in the alley, though, she revealed that she’s gotta go in for “one more session.” Anyway—as much as I hate Vegas, sometimes ya gotta love it.
10. *Steak. No, not $3.99 steak’n’eggs, but actual, proper steak. It seems the night clerk who helped us when we checked in disliked her supervisor and manager as much as we did, so she hooked us up with a bunch of vouchers, which we blew at Billy Bob’s Steakhouse. Filet Mignon! Considering we brought our own wine and just paid a corkage fee, we escaped on the cheap for such a fine meal.
Honorable Mention. “Pupee.” I don’t know how it came up (possibly discussing Laser Vag’s revelation, but on the drive home Justin coined an awesome word, “Pupee,” which is of course a pube toupee. Too bad the word already exists as “mirkin.” But I like pupee better.
Can’t wait for PRB 07.
I like the idea of themed Top 8s, and since I had a fricking blast as per usual in Lost Wages for Punk Rock Bowling, I am now sporting an all PRB crew on my MySpace profile. My Barflies.net peeps were depleted this year (due to financial reasons, or being in Ireland...) and not everyone on my bowling squad seems to have a profile (that I know about, but actually, Big Kev must b/c he subscribes to my blog I found out), so this is sort of a mishmash of my squad, some of the lovelies I hung out with (I'm including Jason Stabile because that little bitch bit me like a girl), and of course the legend that entertained me in a way Pennywise never could and not even Flock of Goo Goo achieves, Sir Tom Jones.
See y'all next year.
Wish Bad News Bowlers luck. Join us at the Double Down on Sat. Night in Vegas for our Pre Anniversary Party with Alex's Bar featuring Tijuana Knife Fight, The Irish Brothers, and Drag the River.
Hi, I think we're bowling Tuesday at Linbrook - Lanes Now Open - Bowl in Beautiful Anaheim. And I hope wherever you are, you're bowling too, although I'm sure you don't need the practice as bad as I do! Who's with me on Tuesday - Kevin - is it Tuesday or Wednesday?
Are we going to Bay Shores this week on Wednesday (12/28)?
Or Mar Vista?
What's up with the Fountain Bowl having a 2.5 hour wait on Hump Day? I mean, $1.99 per game is good, but a two-hour wait?
So, anyone up for Linbrook on Tuesday night? It's $1.75 per game after 8:00 p.m., no lie.
I'm sure there's a wait.
Lauren and I are heading to fountain bowl.
Hi, for those of you in the OC or LBZ, there will also be bowling at Fountain Bowl this Wednesday, November 30.
Here are the particulars:
Yes, they have a fountain. But it doesn't seem to work.
Yes, they have a grill. I haven't eaten there.
Yes, they have karaoke!
Yes, they have a "hump day special" for $1.99 per game.
Yes, you have to get there at 8:30 to wait for a lane at 9:00 p.m.
Yes, Kevin and I will be there.
Check the website for directions.
Hey Bowlfliers, It's "Quartermania" @ Bayshore this (and every) Wed. It's my first night after the semester's over so I'm in a bowling mood. The stats:
Location: Pico & 4th in Santa Monica
Time: 9:00 pm sharp (I will get there at 8 to get a ticket. Yes, it's that popular)
Price: $5 cover + 25 cents for everything else (per game, shoes, Cokes, coffee, popcorn) (ie: 3 games and a shoe rental if nec'y will run you $6)
Diner: Yes, and pretty good, too.
Bar: Yes, good quality for a bowling bar.
Freeway accessible: One minute off the 10 Fwy. Take 4th St exit which is the last exit on the 10 West before PCH.
Occulator's cell: 310-339-7245. Please give me an accurate headcount since I have to shell out the cover in advance and I don't want to lose $15..
1. Ordering rusty nails at every bar and having every bartender know how to make it. There IS something good about Vegas.
2. Ordering Frangelico on the rocks as a nightcap and discovering what a tasty treat that is. Like drinking a cookie. Unfortunately, I passed out drinking it at only 4:30 in the morning.
3. Still on the drinking tip—getting a bunch of those booklets with all the coupons from the concierge upon check-in and thereby getting plenty of free drinks (as well as a free scoop of ice cream and an official Mold Coast deck of cards). If that guy was gay, I shoulda really flirted with him to get more drink tix. (In fact, I even left with one in my pocket and Joe, if you’re reading this, I meant to give it to you as I passed you on my way out at 4:30 a.m. while you were still at the bar to make up for drinking your purple everclear soda that I gave you thereby depriving you of your en route-to-Vegas beverage).
4. Lucky’s twin turkeys, resulting in…
5. Placing 15th. It’s not 7th, but it’s better than a kick in the teeth. Barflies’ Bad News Bowlers are here to stay.
6. I’m not sure which is better, the fact that Tink grabbed by package, or the fact that she couldn’t tell I wasn’t still stuffing a pair of Volcom socks. (Oh sick, I just remembered giving those socks to Smokey and he didn’t even mind.)
7. Being serenaded by Lauren even if my idea of opera is Bohemian Rhapsody or Tommy or any 12-minute song by Meatloaf.
8. First I blow it with the girl in the elevator who invited me back to her room because evidently I can’t take a hint. Then I blow it with the girl on the Strip after I clotheslined her and all she did was smile. Then having the wherewithal to not blow it on the ladies who were even more forthcoming about what my chances would be. And by ladies, I mean the “of the night” variety. But encountering them as a result of Justin’s chivalry (he opened the door) was fun. Then watching him giggle himself to death every time he spotted their “business cards” littered all over the Strip (“Te he he. Porn.”) made everything better.
9. I’m gonna put bunking with Justin’ & Sandra here, but I’m a little miffed or at least perplexed that we didn’t get .99 cent breakfasts at 4 a.m., which we totally coulda done with those 2-4-1 coupons on the $1.99 b-fasts between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. I’m having visions of going down there with Justin if he sleepwalked (slept walk?) just so he could do his Darth Vader imitation using his sleep apnea breathing apparatus.
10. On the way to Vegas, my flight was delayed nearly three hours and because they said there’d be turbulence, they didn’t hand out peanuts, they literally threw them down the aisle during take off so they’d slide down (real classy, Southwest). On the way back, I slept through my 6:55 a.m.-8 a.m. flight from take off to landing (stupid work not being off for Prez’ Day). In between was general, genuine fun & frivolity, and PRB on the whole ought to count as a Top 10 item.
Tink's PRB 05
I always enjoy this weekend. What more can you ask for? Bowling, friends, cute boys, Bowling, Flock of Goo Goo and well. . . Bowling.
The highlight of my weekend was finally getting to see Flock of Goo Goo. They were a blast.
I felt that I did extremely well at bowling ( thank you handycap from last year). Next Year here I come.
can anyone say top 15 teams???
Also, Congrats to the Bad News Bowlers and welcome our new team Lauren and the Irish Brothers!
I will be loading up pics soon enough . . . For now I hope this suffices.
So does anyone want to go bowling?
I found my bowling ball in the closet the other day. I brushed some dust and cobwebs off of it.
I thought I heard it growl at me.
So, Dave and I go to the Brunswick Bowl last Thursday in Orange, and the guy at the counter tells me that "your friends were here Monday" and I'm wondering who it is - who hit Bowlapalooza without telling me! and I tell him that I don't have any friends anymore now that PRB is over and by the way, what did they look like. A guy and a girl, he says. 'Fess up! Who was it?
This was my first year and I had a great time. My weekend was G Rated compared to Kitty's, but there's always next year.
This is my top 10:
1) The Famous Jews and Hairdos word search in Fran Magazine during the playoffs. That last Jew still plagues me. We quizzed every member of the tribe and no one knew. Not even the Westside Moyles knew.
Brian is convinced that it was Gene Simmons, but Jen isn't so sure. (I'm going with Brian on this one. If you have that issue, look for Gene)
2) Champagne and Irish whisky in the girls room.
3) Anyone want a Rice Crispy Treat? I still have leftovers.
4) Free vodka shots at Pink E's on the first night
5) The singing wait staff at Le Provencal. Later on I broke into an aria of my own and Jen was nice enough to comment that I had missed my calling. "Yes" I replied, "I could have been a waiter."
6) Flock of Goo Goo on night one.
7) The loser at the Manic Hispanic show who tried to impress me by bragging about his life plan of continuing to suck off the parental teat. The gene pool is closed to him. CLOSED!!!
8) Almost getting proposed to in the elevator by a guy I had just met. At least his father approved.
9) My brand new "Hot Karl" shirt. I will treasure it always, but the Irish Brothers are still getting purple and black bowling shirts for next year.
10) All the cute guys! Where are they the rest of the year?
Dirty Rotten Posers - 94th. Next year, we'll be in the top 70!
1. Kowalski bowler Todd Price getting kicked out of the Gold Coast for taking off his pants after the awards ceremony.
2. Ali being too drunk to stand, and being given a bowling ball as a joke, bowls a srike.
3. Repeating the point above the second day, and him bowling a spare
4. Craig Lima's series of consecutive gutterballs getting us into the playoffs.
5. April and Rob's wedding with Elvis, who liked like Roy of Seigfried and Roy, and them having to "do over" their walk down the aisle due to technical difficulties.
6. The ride in the van on the way to the wedding.
7. The hootenanny in the hotel room busted by hotel security
8. Walking out of the elevator at 3 am and seeing a "popcorn trail" of little notes saying "Girls" with arrows that pointed to a room wiht a bunch of passed out guys
9. Hotel security coming to our room, and we thought it was Mike, joking. "Are you dressed?" they asked. "No!", I said, as I let in the rent-a-cops to make sure we weren't throwing beer bottles out the window.
10. Jason "My Middle Name Is Phuc" first wanting me to carry him like a baby and have his photo taken, then pulling out his penis to wrap it wiht his belt, and failing that, trying to teabag a girl passed out on the couch.
All the amazing friends we made, re-connected with, met in person after chatting on myspace.com and drank with!
Check the past three days here:
go back into the archive
OR I have them ALL on ofoto
you may have to reegister
or send me your e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org and i can send you a link to the slideshow!
I'm not sure what this was supposed to be... but then I'm not sure about a lot of things that happened during bowling...
The Lovely Laura shows off her trophy. She scored Ladies High Bowler with a 209! Nicely done!
Okay, so we placed 15th this year - that's not bad!
Todd, Kitty, Paul and Mike
Tomorrow morning we leave for the 7th Annual Punk Rock Bowling Tournament for three and a half days.
I will be blogging it from my Nokia 7610 camera phone to the new Barflies.net Bowling Blog.
This is a test photo from my camera phone to see if I can send pics from my phone directly to this blog. Successful.
Tomorrow morning we leave for the 7th Annual Punk Rock Bowling Tournament for three and a half days.
I will be blogging it from my Nokia 7610 camera phone to this Blog. Keep watching for fun photos!
Ok... I just looked at the weather report for this weekend in Las Vegas...
Fri. - Rain, highs upper 50s, lows lower 40s
Sat. - A few Showers, highs upper 50s, lows lower 40s
Sun. - Partly Cloudy, highs upper 50s, lowers upper 40s
Bring a jacket...
Hello Barflies.net-ters and Friends,
We will be having our Friday Night Pre-party at the Ladies Room before the Flock of Goo Goo show at Pink E's.
The Pre-Party will be from 8pm - 9:30pm. Bring a beverage, and let's have some fun!
We will call around on Friday when we arrive to let you know the room number.
Ok, I need a count of who wants to participate in the Annual Sangria adventure..... Let me know if you want to drink Sangria with Tink and I...
Also for the Ladies Room, I will be bringing the cooler per usual, Wanda wants to get a mini-fridge for the room, so if you want to store food, let me know.
How are you getting to Lost Wages? Use the comments to let us know.
A Group of Barflies.net-ters will be leaving from Ms. Jen's house on Friday morning around 9:30am or thereabouts. Our cars are full, but if you want to wave at us on the road, do so.
Ms. Jen's brother's Mustang: Jen, Wanda, Tink and Luggage.
Lucky's Civic: Lucky, Greg, Lauren and Luggage.
Notice how in our world that Luggage has its own seat?
I got a big date with the missus. I think Wednesday is buck-a-game night at Orange Bowl. Anybody interested?
Brian and I will not be bowling tonight in Santa Monica.
We will, however, make the trek for Monday night bowling in Orange.
So today I watched the Big Lebowski to get psyced for bowling and even though it was a really weird movie, it had this attachment to bowling like even though his life got more complicated there was this thing about bowling. Bizarre. All I can say is dancing girls with bowling pin head dresses.
See you all monday night!
Fri. Feb. 18th -
8pm - 10pm: Pre-Party at the Girls Room. BYOB and food.
10:30 pm on: Flock of Goo Goo at Pink E's, 3695 W. Flamingo Rd. (702) 252-4666. Free with a wristband.
Sat. Feb. 19th -
Show at the House of Blues with Me First & the Gimmee Gimees
Sun. Feb. 20th -
9 pm on: Punk Rock Bowling Awards Party with Manic Hispanic at Pink E's, 3695 W. Flamingo Rd. (702) 252-4666. Free with a wristband.
Its the 7th Annual Tales from the Gutter show at the Lost Wages House of Blues with Me First & the Gimmee Gimmees, the Bouncing Souls, and The Briefs.
No offense to the lovely Xeni Jardin, who I met and conversed with at this year's Sent exhibition, nor any offense to the Chinatown Reading (Hi, Sean!!! Come to Alex's for a show!)... but "Skinheads Bowling"????? No. No. No to the title.
Crusty old Punks, yes. Really Smart Intelligent Creative Punks, yes. Youngins galore, yes. Lots of bowlers who have known each other for years in a creative capacity, yes. Lots of women who own their own companies in cute custom made outfits, yes. Drunks and gamblin' Sober Program tattoo'd men, yes... Skinheads, Donkeys, 3 brain cells and all that is associated with the Skin sub-culture? No.
For further information, please see the Barflies.net Feb 12 posting "Goodbye Java Lanes?", check in on the Lotta Living board under the topic "JAVA LANES in Long Beach - Is it too late?", or Adriene Biondo's article at recentpast.org
The Barflies.net and Alex's Bar bowling teams met up last night to thank Ms. Jen for all of the hard work and dedication she selflessly puts into organizing our lazy butts and getting us to Vegas each year. We are constantly amazed by her patience and generosity! As a token of our appreciation, with the help of Tink, Wanda, and the folks at Java Lanes, Jen finally got that one last pin that she never seems to be able to knock down ;-)
You will show your love and devotion to Barflies.net all year long - smooch us, buys us nice bottles of wine or good drinks, visit the website often...
We have Launch. Punk Rock Bowling 2004 Photo Essay
Happy Valentine's Day one and all. I am currently processing all the Punk Rock Bowling 2004 photos right now and will not be departing from my computer until they are done and launched. That's right, on Valentine's Day...
In payment for my love and dedication to you all, next time you see me give me dark chocolates (preferably Godiva), tell me you love me and give me a big hug.
p.s. The Message Board is back.
p.p.s. I work faster and better with chocolate...
The Long Beach City Council approved a request today to build condos where the Java Lanes bowling alley now stands..... it is a sad day for bowlers and mid-century preservationists alike :-(
See the full article in the Gazette for more info
Rev your engines, All Bowlers prepare for Take Off! Wahooooooo.....
The Day has arrived: Day One of DIY Punk Rock Bowling 2004!
The Barflies.net team(s) have a tradition of spending the hour before we have to report to bowling getting all gussied up and drinking sangria, even if it is only 12 noon .... ;o)
The Show Must Go On! Or at least the Punk Rock Bowling must go on... A little thing like the Castaways closing has not detered 424 bowling punk rockers, we will be at Sam's Town, in Las Vegas, this upcoming weekend for our annual tournament.
We will bowl in two shifts, 1-4pm and 9-11:30pm, on Saturday, and then the best 32 teams will go to the finals on Sunday. Please come on down and cheer the two Barflies.net teams on!
For all of you who have heard rumors, read the headlines, and are distressed at the idea of Punk Rock Bowling 2004 may not happen.... Super Shawn and Super Mark to the Rescue! Or something like that.... The back up plans are being put into action.
I am crossing my fingers that we will go to the Gold Coast...
Email from Shawn Stern this morning:
Apparently I was a very bad photo girl last year at Punk Rock Bowling, as I did not remember everyone's name.
In the 17 day countdown until Punk Rock Bowling 2004, I shall be posting a few best of shots from years past.
Today, I present to you Cute Boy : Matt - A.K.A. Nekkid Boy from PRB 2003!
The question of today is - are those bandaids or bowties or bowling pins on his boxer shorts?