SXSW 2004 : Best of Lists and Photo Essay
Ms. Jen's Top Three Hottest Men at SXSW 2004:
Jarmusch - sighted at the Tuesday GuerillaMonster/Velvet
Hammer party and I got a pic of him with the burlesque ladies
Honarble Mention goes to my roommate who is and was a handsome gentleman even if his hair was a wee too short in the back.
Photos by Wanda
Legendary Shack Shakers (Saving it for marriage, boys!)
9. The Hacienda Brothers (with Dave Alvin & Rosie Flores)
8. Slim Cessna's Auto Club
7. Kelly Willis (if only I can look as good as she does a year after having twins....)
6. Adrienne Young
5. Old Crow Medicine Show
4. Reckless Kelly
3. Chip Taylor & Carrie Rodriguez
2. Patty Griffin (I cried when she sang "Top of the World")
1. Jack Ingram: my future husband
Honorable Mention to Mindy Smith, who I didn't exactly get to see, but watched the performance through the window of a VERY crowded Coyote Ugly Saloon.
Photos by Wanda
(RAWK 'n' ROLL!!!!)
2) Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
3) Throw Rag
4) BR5-49 (see above)
5) The (Angry) Amputees (what the Distillers would sound like if Brody could hold a tune... Before you flame me, go see the Amputees, they kick ASS!!!!)
Honorable Mentions to Javier Escovedo, The Spits, and Pretty Girls Make Graves (whose lights gave Ms. Jen a migraine).... unfortunately my free airplane ticket had me departing on Sat. at 5pm so I missed the Gearhead Records' showcase, if I had stayed I am sure that at least two of their bands would have made my list... (hmm... the "Demons" anyone? And they would have also made my Top Hottest men at SXSW list as well...).
Photos by Ms. Jen
Bronx - Hit me like a fucking sledgehammer
2. Supagroup - Rawked out with their cocks out
3. Jello Biafra - Way wittier than David Cross, kicked Cross' ass
4. Riverboat Gamblers - if you haven't heard of them, you betta ask somebody
5. Pretty Girls Make Graves - The Murder City Who?
Honable Mentions: see Ms. Hanen's list directly above... my liver it is enlarged and inflamed from SXSW
Photos of Flogging Molly by Mr. Alex